Target a Career
Whatever your needs are, our Kentucky Career Center JobSight centers have everything you need to get started. Our centers have computers with internet access, resume-preparation software, printers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, tutorials, and access to job listings. These tools are all available at no charge!
Most importantly, you will have direct access to dedicated, expert Career Advisors in your community who will work one-on-one with you to help develop the best plan for you to get back to work. We offer jobseekers:
- Assistance with filing unemployment claims over the Internet
- Assistance with registering yourself as a jobseeker
- Assistance on preparing a resume and interviewing
- Resources to help you identify interests and skills
- Computer skills training
- Skill level testing in typing, data entry, 10-key, spelling, grammar, and math
- Self-directed or staff-assisted job searches in national, state, and local job listings
The Kentucky Career Center JobSight network is working to give you exclusive new training opportunities that will help you successfully land a full-time job after you've completed your vocational or college education. If you're in your last semester of college, we'll use our longstanding connections with local employers to help you get valuable hands-on work experience you need. We also have contacts, on-the-job training, and internships that will assist you in matching your skills and preferences to the best opportunities available. That way, when you're ready to graduate, you'll already have your foot in the door with an employer who is ready to hire you!
To learn more, check with our Career Advisors in your local Kentucky Career Center JobSight office.