The Kentucky Career Center JobSight network provides jobseekers and employers access to an array of innovative state and nationally recognized workforce programs throughout 23 Eastern Kentucky counties, all for free.
Kentucky Career Center JobSight for employers:
- Streamlines many front-end human resources tasks
- Links employers with the right employees through its Employer Services
- Helps with finding, screening and testing job applicants
- Provides research on the local labor pool or economy
- Offers facilities for interviewing applicants
- Helps with developing customized or On-the-Job Training (OJT) programs for both new and current employees
Kentucky Career Center JobSight for adults and young people seeking work or training:
- Provides access to paid internships, On-the-Job Training (OJT) and “bridge training” for individuals in the last semester of college. This training can help bridge the gap between college and employment by connecting these people with area employers so they can transition into jobs upon graduation
- Career guidance and support (including assistance for older workers and workers who have been affected by layoffs or plant closings)
- Job placement with area employers and national telework companies offering work-from-home job opportunities
- Career planning
- Skills assessment
- Vocational rehabilitation
- G.E.D. courses
- Education and training information
- Unemployment Insurance
Our four comprehensive Kentucky Career Center JobSight workforce centers in Bell, Clay, Perry, and Pike counties include a Career Resource Room where job seekers can prepare a resume, get information about labor markets and in-demand jobs, access the Internet to look for jobs, and use our collection of instructional books and videos on topics that range from successful job interview techniques to time management. Jobseekers can get one-on-one access with our expert Career Advisors throughout our 23-county service area thanks to partnerships with local Community Action Agencies.
All services are offered at no cost to employers and jobseekers.
The Kentucky Career Center JobSight network of workforce development, employment and training, and employer programs and services is administered in 23 Eastern Kentucky counties by the Eastern Kentucky Concentrated Employment Program, Inc. (EKCEP), a workforce development agency based in Hazard, Ky. EKCEP has met the needs of employers and job seekers in the region since 1968.
EKCEP has received repeated national recognition from the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. General Accounting Office, and Social Policy Research Associates for innovation and "best practices" in the creation and delivery of its Employer Services, and implementation of the "one-stop" concept.
EKCEP is funded through the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training, Kentucky Division of Workforce and Employment Services, Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet, with federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
The Kentucky Career Center JobSight network is also part of the statewide Kentucky Career Center system. Learn more at www.kentuckycareercenter.com